Vision, Mission and Values
Global Interior Solutions
To deliver sustainability, profitability and performance for our clients, shareholders and employees.
We will encourage and practice open communication by sharing relevant information and ideas. We will trust and respect each other by promoting inclusive communication.
We will act honestly and respect ourselves, our colleagues and all company stakeholders.
We will take ownership and responsibility for our actions with a positive attitude. We will each commit to what we are responsible for. We will take a can-do approach to all of our tasks.
We will be consistently productive by working together as a team, sharing knowledge, innovating, collaborating, inspiring and enhancing the overall business. We will embrace and welcome change as a catalyst for creating opportunities. We will work to identify and eliminate risks.
By building strong, sustainable and healthy relationships we will deliver on our promise and enhance our reputation and credibility. We will stay motivated and focused to provide competitive solutions tailored for our clients.
Our Strategy – long-term, profitable and sustainable growth
Depa Group’s mission is to create value for our shareholders by delivering high-quality, exceptional interior solutions to our clients across the globe.
2016 was a transformative year for Depa Group, with the Group’s corporate office being established as a strategic management company. The role of Depa Group is to provide strategic direction and leadership support to the Group’s Key Business Units and Investments. This has positioned us for the next phase of our evolution and a new period of growth.
Superior quality workmanship and service
Depa Group will achieve this strategy by exceeding our client’s expectations, ensuring their complete satisfaction on each project we undertake. We aim to add value to our client’s assets by providing comprehensive, custom fit-out solutions of the highest standard, on time and within budget.
The diverse services and geographic breadth of Depa Group’s operations provides for a wide range of risk factors in delivering services to our clients. Risk management at Depa Group is a process of identification, assessment and treatment of risks that have the potential to impact materially on the Group’s operations, people, reputation, the environment and communities in which we work. Our Risk Management Framework consists of the Investment and Risk Committee which monitors and ensures the adequacy of operational and investment risk management processes.
Depa Group’s Risk Management Framework is further supported by:
- the Enterprise Risk Management program which includes a robust gate review process for all projects;
- the Delegation of Authority Matrix which provides guidance for the authorization and empowerment of material financial or operational decisions;
- the Internal Audit Function;
- the Compliance and Governance Function; and
- the Group’s Code of Conduct and Whistleblowing Policy.
Depa Group takes seriously its responsibility to carry out a sustainable business and to respect the communities and environments in which we operate. Depa Group also aims to work with its’ clients to assist them in achieving their sustainability goals. Across the Depa Group we have adopted initiatives which aim to promote environmental good management and sustainable practices, including innovative and clean manufacturing processes, a robust health and safety program, sustainable procurement and energy management program.
- Riad Kamal, Chris Holmes and Mohannad Sweid establish Arabtec Hotel Interiors.
- Arabtec Hotel Interiors delivers the Group’s first project – the the Al Bustan Rotana Hotel, Dubai.
- Following the acquisition of Depa, an Italian interior contractor, Arabtec Hotel Interiors changes its name to Depa.
- Depa Abu Dhabi is established.
- Depa Hotel Interiors (Egypt) is established and completes work on the Four Seasons Nile Plaza Hotel in Cairo.
- The Burj Al Arab opens, the world’s only ‘7 Star Hotel’ and one of the first iconic projects the Group completes.
- Depa Group acquires Pino Meroni Yacht Interiors and expands the business into interior works on luxury yachts.
- Depa Interiors Group is incorporated in Dubai.
- Depa Interiors Group completes the interior fit-out of the Grand Hyatt Dubai.
- Depa Interiors Group completes work on the Al Salam Rotana Hotel, Khartoum in Sudan.
- Depa Interiors Group, Qatar is established.
- Depa Mivan completes work on the Museum of Islamic Art, Qatar.
- Depa Interiors Group, Abu Dhabi delivers work on the Emirates Palace Hotel.
- Depa Group completes its first large-scale residential project, delivering work on 10 towers for the Shoreline Palm residences, the Palm Jumeirah, Dubai.
- Deco Group, Design Studio and Eldiar join the Depa Group.
- International operations are established in Morocco, Sudan, Qatar, India and the JV Depa Albarakah is incorporated to procure and install gypsum.
- Depa Saudia Arabia is established and Depa invests in JWICO, The Parker Company and Decolight. Depa and Linder form the Lindner Depa Interiors JV.
- Mivan Depa, Deco and Depa Interiors all play a role in delivering the Atlantis Hotel, the Palm Jumeirah, Dubai.
- Depa begins work on multiple projects in the Dubai Festival City district including Intercontinental, Crowne and Marsa Plaza, the Convention Centre and Harbour Plaza.
- Depa Limited is listed on DIFX (Nasdaq Dubai) and the London Stock Exchange.
- The Group acquires German specialist interior company Vedder.
- DSS (JV of Depa Interiors Group and Design Studio) is awarded the fit-out of Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
- Depa Interiors Group begins work on the Burj Khalifa, Dubai (the world’s tallest building)
- Depa Interiors Group, Qatar undertakes work on the headquarters of the Commercial Bank of Qatar.
- Depa Interiors Group, Abu Dhabi and Mivan Depa complete work on Ferrari World on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
- Linder Depa Interiors is awarded a contract for the fit-out of 11 Green Line station.
- Depa Group enters the Angolan market and secures a contract to deliver works on the InterContinental Hotel Luanda.
- Stone and marble supplier Carrara Mid East joins the Depa Group.
- Deco Group wins Louis Vuitton as a client, this sees the Company deliver works in Bahrain, Morocco, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Oman.
- Depa Interiors Group, Saudi Arabia, completes work on the King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Centre in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Depa Interiors Group commences work on the Fairmont Flame Towers project in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Deco Group begins work on the Mastercard Dubai headquarters.
- Deco Group begins work on several luxury retail outlets at Dubai Mall including, Dior, Dolce & Gabbanna, Fendi, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.
- Depa Interiors Group, Abu Dhabi begins work on the Presidential Palace.
- Depa Interiors Group, Qatar completes work on three hospitals for the Hamad Medical Centre.
- Depa Interiors Group wins the bid for the Fairmont Hotel and Serviced Apartments, Abu Dhabi
- Work is completed on Mumbai International Airport, India.
- The Group’s corporate office is established as a strategic management company.
- Depa Interiors Group begins work on the Dubai Opera House.
- Depa Interiors Group wins a contract to deliver work for the Jumierah-Saddyat Island Beach Resort public areas.
- Work begins on the Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel and the Novotel World trade Centre Hotel, Dubai.
- Depa Interiors Group begins work for the W Hotel and Residences on the Palm Jumeirah, Dubai.
- The Shangri-la Hotel, Dubai refurbishment is undertaken by Depa Interiors Group.